Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fat Ankles


I had an uncle that used to tell me I had fat ankles. Oh, yes - he was quite blatant about it. Not only did he flat out tell me, but I was also a teenager at the time. Nothing like self-esteem! I thought he was quite the asshole. I'll never forget the time when I was finally able to tell him (during an argument my parents were having with him in our driveway) that I didn't appreciate that he described my ankles in such a rude way. I don't remember his response, but recall being quite proud of myself that I was finally able to tell him how I felt. (BTW - I don't normally speak ill of the deceased, but at his viewing - in the funeral home that he owned and operated - people were wondering where he ended up. Does that tell you the kind of person he was?)
So after I took the picture of the sock, I couldn't help but think about my uncle. My ankles look really fat! Maybe I was wrong about him this entire time.
ANYHOW - the socks are for Redneck. They are from the new Knitpicks shipment received the other day. The goal is to have them completed by the time he comes home Friday. That is if I can keep all the animals off of me.

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 22, 06:35:00 AM EDT, Blogger Terri H. said...

Purty socks, lucky Redneck. And ankles are not fat! OMG your uncle owned and operated a funeral home? Again, not to speak ill of the dead, but since he was mean to you I've fantasized a SFU-style death scene involving size 15 knitting needles and novelty yarn.

 
At Mon Aug 22, 10:33:00 AM EDT, Blogger jill said...

Ha ha - no, the death scene was a pretty uneventful one. And yes, he did own and operate a funeral home. My cousin owns it now and my dad works there also. That is for about another week as he is moving to Myrtle Beach. Ahhhh....I'm jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home